| SearchWorks 2.3
| Search Multiple Drives, or Directory Structures Quickly & Easily!
- Fast searching
- Search entire computer or local drives only or network drives or whatever other combinations are needed.
- Search for multiple wildcards
- Option to exclude various folders from searches
- Retrieves number of files and folders found
- Full path information
- 16x16 and 32x32 icons for the file or folder
- Size, File Type, attributes, created, modified and last accessed dates
- Complete version information, including Company Name,
Description, Language, File Description, File Flags, File OS, File Sub Type,
Version, Internal Name, Legal Copyright, Trademarks, Product Version, Product
- The component allows two search modes: syncronous and
- SearchWorks fires various events designed to
keep you appraised of how the search is proceeding, such as when a file or
folder is found, when the seach is switching to a different directory and when
the search is finished, cancelled, etc...
- Two ways to retrieve the information: either by waiting for the
search to be over and then accessing collections of found items or by
responding to events while the search is in progress.
- SearchWorks is an ActiveX DLL. That means that
it can easily used from classes or modules - no forms required.
- The component is great for both quick and dirty searches as well as
exhaustive searches spanning several drives.
- Can be used from any container capable of supporting COM objects (VB, VC++, Word, Excel, Delphi, Visio, AutoCad, WordPerfect, etc...)
- Works with Windows 95, 98, Me, NT, 2000, XP
- Visual Basic 6, SP3
- Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP
- We prepared a web-based demonstration, which
shows SearchWorks in action. This demo only shows a very limited subset of the component's features.
The sample searches for files matching various wildcards. It also shows their
icons. Optionally, you can also get file version information (where available).
Here we have a screenshot of the demo application that comes with the
component. SearchWorks has allowed to create a quick and dirty clone of
the Find Files or Folders applet that comes with Windows.
Double-clicking on any file in the list retrieves various version
Copyright (c) 2000-2005 vbRad.com